As a Member of the Maui County Council, I am committed to working alongside the other Council Members and our Mayor, always keeping the people of Maui at the forefront of my initiatives.
PRO VISITOR INDUSTRY
My priorities are as follows…
- Getting Maui County back to work again.
- Revitalizing our Visitor Industry.
- Supporting Construction of Affordable Housing & Rentals.
- Empowering our Keiki with Community Mentorship Programs.
- Strengthening Our Local Agriculture.
- Supporting Community Programs to Ensure the Well Being of our Kupuna.
- Providing Solutions to Service our Homeless Population.
For West Maui specifically…
- Spearheading the Construction of the West Maui Hospital.
- Bringing Mental Health Kokua to West Maui.
- Constructing a Fire Station in Olowalu.
- Modifying Public Transportation Models to West Maui.
I agree that we need to diversify our reliance on the visitors. However, due to COVID-19, I believe that for the next few years, it is important that we focus on what has worked for Maui, the Visitor Industry. And as small businesses are our economic engine, the visitor industry, is the fuel that will move our economy.
It is very important that we educate our visitors as well as our local families. As well as it is equally important that we all work together to sustain the County of Maui and protect these beautiful Islands we are so fortunate to call home.
Let’s build a BETTER MAUI, TOGETHER, which you can take part in by VOTING RICK NAVA on November 3rd, 2020.